[LAST NAME] Brewing is a family-owned, community-oriented, and generally awesome microbrewery in Upland, CA. We pride ourselves on creating great beer and outstanding experiences for our customers. If we have any open positions, they’ll be listed below, along with instructions for how to apply. If we don’t currently list any openings, please feel free to forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll keep it on file for a year in case anything suitable opens up. Please understand that while we’d love to respond personally to everyone who is interested in working with us, we couldn’t get any of our work done if we did. If you send a resume or apply for a position, know that we got your materials and will contact you if we would like to set up an interview. Be sure to follow all directions for how to apply closely. Applications that don’t follow the outlined instructions will not be considered. No phone calls, walk-ins, gifts or singing telegrams. Seriously. For real. Just follow the directions. Thank you.
Job Title: Brewer Job Description: This is a full time position with hourly pay and benefits (commensurate with experience.) Work primarily consists of producing our beer to our existing specifications, including developing and leading the brew team on the implementation of quality control processes. Occasionally duties will include leading tours and representing the company at outside events. The Brewery: [LAST NAME] Brewing is a quickly growing company with a strong commitment to the community. We are located in Upland, CA about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. The brewery has been selling beer to local businesses for over 11 years and has been supporting local organizations since the beginning. Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Proven brewing skills.
- Experience with the complete brewing process from milling to packaging, including filtering and cellaring.
- Background or education in brewing or a related science field a plus.
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Passion for craft beer and the exacting process required to produce it with consistent high quality
- Strong background in Quality Control processes.
- Knowledge of specific off-flavors and their causes
- Sanitary sampling, yeast cell counts and record keeping
- ATP analysis, plating, and microscopic analysis
- Sanitation procedures
- Strong communication skills.
- You must be able to effectively communicate needs, problems, ideas, etc. with the brew team and other company departments
- You must be comfortable as a promotional spokesperson for [LAST NAME] Brewing and the craft beer industry
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to lead the team in developing and implementing strong QC and brewing processes as the company grows
- A desire to grow and develop within the company.
- As part of our team, we want you to actively look for ways for us to grow and improve
- You must be able to work well on your own and as part of a team
- A sense of humor, a positive attitude, and the ability to think on your feet.
- Ability to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, stand for extended periods of time, lift 55+ pounds repeatedly while efficiently managing the various tasks required of you. You must also be willing and able to wield a mop and otherwise create and maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- A flexible schedule and willingness to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and some holidays.