LAST NAME Brewing is a family-owned, community-oriented and generally awesome microbrewery in Upland, Calif. We pride ourselves on creating great beer and outstanding experiences for our customers. If we have any open positions, they’ll be listed below, along with instructions for how to apply. If we don’t currently list any openings, please feel free to forward your resume to email@example.com and we’ll keep it on file for a year in case anything suitable opens up. Please understand that, while we’d love to respond personally to everyone who is interested in working with us, we couldn’t get any of our work done if we did. If you send a resume or apply for a position, know that we got your materials and will contact you if we would like to set up an interview. Be sure to follow all directions for how to apply closely. Applications that don’t follow the outlined instructions will not be considered. No phone calls, walk-ins, gifts or singing telegrams. Seriously. For real. Just follow the directions. Thank you.
Last Name Brewing is looking for its next craft beer liaison! We need a few more passionate, hard-working, self-starting, and charismatic craft beer enthusiasts with strong customer service skills to join our tap room team. Interested? Read on!
- Tap Room Team Member
This is a part time position with hourly pay. Work is primarily serving customers from behind the bar in our fast-paced, high-volume brewery tap room but may occasionally include leading tours and representing the company at outside festivals and events.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
If you think you might be a good fit for one of these positions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached in PDF format. Include "Tap Room Team Member" along with what style beer you would be in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include a brief summary of who you are and why you want to work in a brewery tap room. We look forward to hearing from you!
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS, PLEASE. Applications that do not follow the outlined instructions will not be considered.
Last Name Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Sales Representative
Requirements & Responsibilities
- 3 – 5 years of experience in alcoholic beverage sales preferred
- Craft beer experience a plus
- Makes weekly sales calls both by phone and in person to existing retail accounts:
- Keep detailed records of customer purchasing habits and make sure customers have a continual supply of beer
- Make sure all customer needs are being met for line cleaning, promotional material, etc.
- Take initiative to improve our processes for managing customer accounts.
- Aggressively search out new accounts, as well as opportunities to gain tap handles and shelf space at existing customers:
- Create opportunities for on-site promotion of our beer in retail accounts; make personal appearances at accounts to promote our product.
- Research and win new accounts for our beer.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Manage retail customer accounts with close attention to detail and record keeping:
- Excellent attitude and customer service skills
- Work closely with Distribution Team to manage customer needs
- Meet customer needs in a timely manner, both by responding to incoming orders and proactively contacting accounts to maintain a consistent supply of beer
- Grow our customer base by introducing current accounts to new products, and developing new accounts.
- Use QuickBooks to accurately set up and maintain customer accounts and work closely with Office Administrator to keep customer accounts accurate and up to date.
- Adherence to quality control standards:
- Ensure our beer lines at outside accounts are maintained to an excellent standard, set protocols for cleaning of tapping equipment, periodically inspect equipment, lines and beer to assure quality output.
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle:
- Clean driving record and drug test required. (Waived for current employees.)
- Accounts Receivable:
- Ability to handle monetary transactions. Accurately maintain payments and make change as needed
- Ask for and accept payment and collect on overdue accounts with a friendly but firm attitude.
- Work with Administrator, to ensure timely collection of accounts and take initiative to improve our processes.
- Strong communication skills:
- You must be able to explain our products and company values to customers and effectively communicate needs, problems, ideas, etc. with other company departments.
- A desire to grow and develop within the company and the world of craft beer!
- Last Name Brewing is a quickly growing company with a strong commitment to the community. As part of our family, we want you to help us actively look for ways to grow and improve.
- You must be able to work well on your own, as part of a team, and be willing and eager to earn responsibility.
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer required.
- A sense of humor, a positive attitude, and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Because that just helps make this a fun, positive place for all of us to work.
- Ability to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, stand and sit for extended periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly while maintaining good body mechanics.
- Efficiently manage the various tasks required.
- You must also be willing and able to wield a mop, wash dishes, and otherwise create and maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- A flexible schedule and willingness to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- A clean driving record.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS, PLEASE. Applications that do not follow the outlined instructions will not be considered.
- Last Name Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This is a full time position with hourly pay and benefits (commensurate with experience.) Work primarily consists of producing our beer to our existing specifications, including developing and leading the brew team on the implementation of quality control processes. Occasionally duties will include leading tours and representing the company at outside events.
- LAST NAME Brewing is a quickly growing company with a strong commitment to the community. We are located in Upland, CA about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. The brewery has been selling beer to local businesses for over 11 years and has been supporting local organizations since the beginning.
- Experience with the complete brewing process from milling to packaging, including filtering and cellaring.
- Background or education in brewing or a related science field a plus.
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Passion for craft beer and the exacting process required to produce it with consistent high quality
- Knowledge of specific off-flavors and their causes
- Sanitary sampling, yeast cell counts and record keeping
- ATP analysis, plating, and microscopic analysis
- Sanitation procedures
- You must be able to effectively communicate needs, problems, ideas, etc. with the brew team and other company departments
- You must be comfortable as a promotional spokesperson for LAST NAME Brewing and the craft beer industry
- Ability to lead the team in developing and implementing strong QC and brewing processes as the company grows
- As part of our team, we want you to actively look for ways for us to grow and improve
- You must be able to work well on your own and as part of a team
- If you think you might be a good fit for this position, email email@example.com with your resume attached in PDF format. Include "Brewery" along with what style beer
- would be in the subject line. In the body of the email, please include a brief summary of who you are and why you want to work in a brewery. We look forward to hearing from you!
- that do not follow the outlined instructions will not be considered.